One of the most sacred and divine temples in the country, Badrinath is count up amongst the four holy abode of God (Char Dham) and also comes in the list of the Char dham of Uttarakhand, which is also known as the 'Chota Char Dham'.
Badrinath Temple is also renowned as the Badrinarayan temple, because it is devoted to lord Vishnu who is present here in the form of Badrinaryan. Situated at Badrinath village in the district of Chamoli, the Uttarakhand state, India, the temple is amongst the most easily reachable of all the religious places.
Some highlights of Badrinath Dham
- Badrinath Temple devoted to Lord Vishnu
- Badrinath Dham includes in Chhota Chardham of Uttarakhand as well as in Chardham of India.
- Badrinath temple stands at nearly 10,200 feet (3,100 meters) above the sea level.
- Badrinath counts up among the Panch Badri temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Some mythologies says Badrinath to be a Buddhist temple till the 8th century afterwards Adi Shankara transformed it to a Hindu temple and thus the architecture of temple is like Buddhist temple which leads argument.
- Numbers of holy texts or epics of Hindus talks about Badrinath such as Bhagavata Purana, Skanda Purana, and Mahabharata, Padma Purana.
- Badrinath dham counts up among 108 Vishnu Divyadesam or divine temples of Vishnu that can be sited in the stuffs of saints.
Badrinath temple can also be enlightened as the vital attraction of the town where it is situated. The legend Adi guru Shankaracharya who reformed Hinduism found a black stone form of Lord Badrinarayan in Alaknanda River. That featured stone is made up of Saligram stone. At first he treasured the stone figure in a cave that was placed nearby the Tapt Kund. Well ahead in 16th century, the King of Garhwal shifted the idol to the current place. Since then the shrine has faced a number of reconstructions. Wear and tear enforced several alterations and disputes in designs. Kings of Garhwal extended the shrine region by 17th century.
In the year of 1803 earthquake at Himalaya, the shrine suffers a lot of damage. Afterwards the king of Jaipur then renovate it. Badrinath temple is about 50 feet large with a small dome on crown. The rooftop is encircled with gold gilded. The outlook is completed by of stone and has curved windows. There is an extensive staircase, which escorts you to a tall rounded door. This entryway is the main entrance gate. The interior design look like Buddhist vihara. With complex statues on the walls and pillars, the air in the temple is very pure and divine.
Badrinath Tour is the case of attractive destinations such as Deoprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnprayag, Har ki Pauri, Ganga Aarti, Tapt Kund, Narad Kund etc. Badrinath tour will give you great satisfaction and extreme peace of soul. Badrinath tour begins from Delhi and then head towards Haridwar, Joshimath, Badrinath, Rudraprayag and to end with a return to Delhi.
Chardham Service is the reasonable tour package provider for Badrinath Tour. We have complete Badrinath Tour Package solution for every individual as Badrinath Dham Tour, Ek Dham Yatra of Badrinath, Badrinath Dham Yatra, Badrinath Yatra by Helicopter and many more.